- The human desire to be popular overrides the manager’s need to be frank.
- Everyone scores the same.
- Managers lack time, skills and confidence to transform poor performers and make good performers great.
- Individuals don’t take responsibility for their career.
When performance management goes wrong it dilutes the effect of every other people investment.
The vital ingredients
Mind Gym’s academic research and 10 years
of experience with 40% of the FTSE 100 has revealed the five vital ingredients for dynamic performance conversations that deliver business results:
- Stretching goals with fortnightly feedback
- Consistent differentiation
- Commercial coaching
- Job crafting
- Employees take responsibility