We’re Mind Gym. We’re behaviour change specialists that equip ambitious companies to be ready for tomorrow.
For over twenty years, we’ve worked with companies like Coca-Cola, Unilever, Microsoft, Vodafone and Southwest to transform their organisations. In fact, we’ve partnered with over half the FTSE 100 and S&P 100.
Our unique, behavioural science approach sets people up to make better choices every day and equips companies to maximise their human advantage. Over 3 million professionals have taken part in a live Mind Gym experience and we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for people that can change people. If you’re determined to use smart ideas to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
The Head of Product Operations at Mind Gym is an expert in all things process, prioritisation and execution of client work and portfolio development. Acting both as a thought partner to Global Operations and an adviser to the Global Director of Operations, this role is integral to the success and smooth day to day running of Mind Gym and the Product Operations team.
- Providing clear leadership to the product operations team by setting clear objectives and targets
- Manage a team of regional traffic managers (creative resourcing), proofreading, translations, publishing and print & ship to ensure the client workload is allocated and processed efficiently
- Continually improving the effective running of product operations – the playbook, metrics and tooling, with an eye on automation
- Create a scalable operational foundation from which the company can grow
- Provide the focal point for our Client Services teams in EMEA and Americas businesses to manage day to day challenges in the creative production and publishing process
- Working closely with our third parties ensuring we drive value out of our contractual relationships
- Experience hiring other specialist operations roles with support of talent acquisition
- Supporting the team with onboarding of new operations employees.
What’s in it for you?
As the Head of Product Operations, you’ll be given the opportunity to manage, build and expand upon our Global Operations function leading Resourcing, Translations, Proofing, Publishing and Print & Ship. Partnering and reporting into our Global Director of Operations, this role allows you to play a key role in building a ‘best in class’ operations function. This leader will collaborate with our Sales, Marketing, Client Services teams and the rest of Global Operations.
- Strategic thinker with a hands-on mentality and strong operational experience
- Significant experience implementing efficiencies to improve operations, with experience of running multiple improvement projects concurrently
- Analytics, data and reporting expertise with Power BI and ability to use operational metrics to help manage the team implement actionable changes
- Experience in using metrics to improve the business, including revenue per area, costs, work volumes, throughput speed and quality
- Experience in enhancing creative work trafficking (solution design and graphic design), proofing, publishing and translation workflows
- Strong foundational knowledge of no-code and low-code tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence, Slack, Airtable, Miro, Mavenlink, etc)
- Experience launching new products working with Sales, Marketing and Customer Success
- Proven expertise partnering and presenting to senior leaders
- Assist team in prioritising and achieving client deliverables across all projects in both regions to achieve quarterly revenue targets
- Ability to drive cross-functional collaboration to meet targets, ensuring transparent communication and clear processes and SLAs – where necessary drive changes upstream to support the smooth flow of workflows
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate credible organisational, planning and prioritisation skills
- Ability to run Product Operations semi-autonomously, working closely with Digital Ops and Portfolio Ops in the Global Operations team
- Experience running an effective team 3 – 10 people
- First rate verbal and written communication skills
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced and evolving environment
- Experience managing product operations or an operational role
- Experience in consulting, IB or operations in a high growth start up
- An affinity for processes and systems thinking
- Extreme attention to detail and a knack for creativity and resourcefulness
- Proven experience scaling an organisation from strategy to implementation
- Natural gravitas and significant operational experience working with teams in other markets
- Qualified to degree level, with strong academic background, ideally also an MBA or equivalent professional qualification
Working at Mind Gym:
We want to people do their best work every day and that’s why we ensure everyone at Mind Gym works in an environment that challenges them to be their best, while maintaining a strong sense of wellbeing.
Mind Gym is committed to diversity and inclusion. We offer equal employment opportunities to all applicants regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, religious beliefs, marital or parental status.
We support flexible working arrangements for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise. We are committed to providing a working environment where everyone’s individuality and unique contributions are recognised, valued and respected.
If this sounds like something you’d be great at, we’d love to hear from you.