The IT Director will manage all aspects of Mind Gym’s technology across both business as usual and development. Technology at Mind Gym comprises more than your typical mid-sized business, consisting of a complex client facing infrastructure along with an internal environment that supports users around the globe. This consists of helpdesk, local and cloud-based infrastructure, application development, and data. The IT Director will lead a global multi-functional team and oversee all vendor relationships.
Working with management, the IT Director will set a long-term vision that will not only setup the internal infrastructure for scalability but also set the direction of the fast-growing digital portfolio Mind Gym is creating.
The role will require technical skill, leadership, a talent for stakeholder management, and commercial acumen.
- Develop and implement the vision for the IT function to enable the business growth over the next 3 – 5 years
- Serve as a member of the business’s operating executive (OPX) supporting and advising leadership on all matters relating to technology
- Deliver sustainable and scalable systems and products that transform how we work internally, with clients and our participants
- Drive client facing development (web, apps etc) to enable to the business to achieve its ambition as a behaviour change platform
- Risk management, particularly relating to data, outages and information security
- Implementation and management of core processes such as disaster recovery, business continuity, change management, and security protocols
- Ongoing infrastructure management, including hardware and networks
- Manage Mind Gym 24/7 systems including on-site infrastructure, cloud, and SAAS applications such as Netsuite, PowerBI
- Oversight of on-site and remote support and helpdesk
- Software development and procurement management
- Being the accountable executive for technology or security related questions and projects including client RFPs, vendor registration, and GDPR compliance
- Management of departmental budget and forecasting
- Vendor management
- Operate as the interface between the IT functions and the business
- Technically adept people leader with significant budgetary and people management experience
- Experience of managing both software development and infrastructure, implementing multinational, cross-functions solutions at scale, balancing business and technical elements
- Experience of supporting and implementing digital strategies
- Project and vendor management experience
- Ability to act as a technical escalation point for the team and vendors
- Comfortable being the accountable executive and supporting the board
- SQL and Mysql experience and responsibility for governance and compliance would be an advantage
- Natural problem solver and decision maker comfortable operating in ambiguity
- Exceptional stakeholder management, able to influence and persuade at all levels
- Delivery focus
- Ambitious and results driven individual who enjoys a fast paced, high growth environment
If you think you’re the right person to make our vision a reality, we’d love to hear from you.