Vision for Finance:
To enable and support the sustainable growth of the business, and be integral to effective decision making. Providing commercial insight and analysis, seamless and efficient transaction processing in a well controlled environment.
The Finance Team is the backbone of Mind Gym, ensuring that the wonderful things we do are translated to accurate financials and are guided by insightful, commercial analysis and challenge.
What’s the job?
This is an ideal role for an accountant looking for commercial experience in a high growth business where you will be exposed to all areas of the business working closely with the management team.
We need our Senior Accountant to become an expert in many areas (month-end, processes, budgets) whilst having the ability to connect with all teams, and be viewed as a Business Partner across our global Mind Gym community. Helping us make the leap from a small growing company to a medium sized international group.
- Responsible for management accounts, accuracy of reporting and control of expenditure for the areas of responsibility, ensuring revenue is recognised appropriately.
- Provide commercial financial support, quality advice, insight and analysis and financial control to these areas.
- Becoming a business partner for the company, working with other teams on a wide variety of projects.
- Helping deliver the vision for finance as a crucial part of the Finance Team.
- Be the financial eyes and ears of the business team identifying and resolving issues before they occur and adding value to the business in both financial and non-financial matters.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the revenues and costs of the business.
- Assisting in the delivery of the consolidated budgeting and forecasting process.
- Ensuring compliance to Group financial and wider regulatory policies and procedures in the areas of responsibility.
- Reporting to and assisting the Financial Controller.
- Completing ad hoc projects and analysis and process improvements.
- Mentoring and assisting the more junior finance team, as required.
- An experienced qualified accountant (ACA preferred) with proven experience of preparing management accounts in a multi-currency environment.
- Technically strong, preferably with an audit background and/or relevant degree studies.
- A commercially savvy financier, with the desire to work in a small, yet progressive, finance team, willing to embrace and understand a breadth of new areas and issues. A problem solver.
- An outstanding communicator who can liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, primarily Excel and PowerPoint
- A performance enhancer, who can spot issues and develop solutions to redesign processes, often using technology to improve the finance function
- A tech savvy accountant with knowledge of one or more accounting systems (we use NetSuite).
- The role will report into the Financial Controller
- The key relationships will be with the Head of Finance, CFO and wider business leaders, as well as the rest of the finance team.