Solutions Strategy Manager
Locations: New York, London
The Solutions Strategy Team sit at the heart of Mind Gym, and act as the bridge between the Client Team (sales) and the Solutions Team (the psychologists who create our products).
Our role is varied – we spend time with clients, using our research skills to learn what’s really going on in their business, to help them frame challenges in a way that is solvable through people. We use our passion and knowledge of psychology to craft and propose exciting solutions that will make a real difference. We set our Solutions Team up for success by thoroughly scoping any program before it is designed.
No two weeks are the same, no clients are off limits and no ideas are too creative. You’ll get to bring to life a huge range of topics, from Diversity and Inclusion to Change Leadership, from Innovation to Customer Service, from Management Development to Onboarding. Whatever the topic, you’ll be empowered to put your creative stamp on everything you do.
- Meet with clients to discover their people and business challenges
- Bring to life the psychology at the heart of Mind Gym’s offer
- Think creatively to design and propose high level solutions to solve our clients’ issues
- Attend high-profile meetings with senior business stakeholders to deliver our point of view and solutions to their business issues
- Help to manage the dynamic and growing Solutions Strategy team
- Be part of growing Mind Gym year-on-year by supporting the business development team
- A psychologist, preferably (though not essentially) with some experience of working with a team in a related environment such as researching, designing training, and behaviour change interventions
- Someone who can pass on their passion and curiosity to clients, who is comfortable in a client-facing role, and happy leading high profile meetings with senior stakeholders
- Experience writing RFPs and winning new business
- An articulate and influential relationship builder who understands the corporate environment, ideally from a performance management or L&D lens
- A strong persuasive communicator, able to talk and write with passion, fluency and brevity
- Someone with experience of planning and running new business pitches